Some of the ideas I stand for.
- Be a prism, not a mirror. Seek to digest and break apart information, not just pass it on to someone else.
- Be conservative in what you do, be liberal in what you accept from others. (Robustness principle)
- Observe. Accept. Release. Transform.
- Sharing is growing and caring.
- Learning by doing. Teaching by example.
- Know your tools and build your own for repeated workflows.
- Done is better than perfect.
- Write code that's easy to replace, not easy to extend.
- Develop. Preview. Ship. Repeat.
- Premature optimization is the root of all evil.
- Read the Fucking Manual (RTFM).
- Documentation Driven Development (DDD).
- Open Source All The Things!
- Some programmers are 10x more efficient than others. I know because I've been both a 10x programmer and a -1x programmer.
- You may think that software development at a software company serves the customer directly, but you’d be mistaken. The organisation is the software development team’s primary customer.
- The Web is my empathy medium.
- First, do not harm.
- Build. Measure. Learn.
- Experiments instead of Products.
- Fight the
- Individuals and interactions over processes and tools.
- Culture is what you document.
- Develop a culture where hard conversations are actively encouraged. Care deeply, but challenge directly.
- Collaboration requires leading by example. And by example I don't mean being someone with lots of ideas. I mean someone who actually enacts on their ideas and tries to get stuff done.
I don't know where I'm going, but I know who I'm going with.
I don't know where I am, but I know that I am in myself.
I don't know what God is, but God knows what I am.
I don't know what the world is, but I know it's mine.
I don't know what I'm worth, but I know not to compare myself.
I don't know what love is, but I know that I enjoy its existence.
I can't avoid the blows, but I know how to resist them.
I cannot deny violence, but I can deny cruelty.
I can't change the world, but I can change myself.
I don't know what I do, but I know that what I do does to me.
I don't know who I am, but I know that I am the one who doesn't know.